wanna start a blog from Scratch?
Is it easy?
It’s not a hard deal at all but not following the right path can make you feel unhappy later.
Just you need to go through the right steps and for that, you have come to the right place (congratulations!)
Today we are going to explore in-depth about starting a blog from scratch.
Before anything else, let’s have some talk about how I created my first blog.
Actually, The time was rough when I created my first blog. Contents on creating a blog weren’t available that much as now. Also, the things to make a blog were pricey at that time.
Choosing a good niche, a great domain, and setting up my website was as hard as working the whole day, and I have to do that much hassle only because of my faulty and silly steps.
But nowadays, It’s more than easy to start a blog! And I will show you the exact ways as a blogger to help you create your new dreaming blog!
But please don’t forget that choosing the wrong way can cause you to make hassles just like me and I really don’t want you to make a hassle when very easier ways to create a blog is available.
Rest assured, after reading this blog you can successfully create your blog today and make a path for your success.
So, take a cup of tea in hand and keep going down this road to get your dream come true.
- Step 1: Choose a Niche For Your Blog
- Step 2: Choose a good domain name for your blog
- Step 3: Find a good web hosting provider
- Step 3: Choose an Attention-Grabbing Theme For Your Blog
- Step 4: Set up your WordPress Blog
- Step 5: Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
- Step 6: Some Ways to Make Money From Your Blog
Step 1: Choose a Niche For Your Blog
The first step before you go to set up your blog is choosing a niche and if you have already chosen a niche, you should match your domain niche symptoms with our niche selecting points and judge if you have really chosen a more than great niche.
First of all, The question arises “What niche to choose or which niche is perfect for me?”
My straightforward answer is: work with the niche that you are really interested in. Don’t choose anything that doesn’t match your personal choice.
But who hears me? Almost every newbie makes this mistake. They choose a niche that seems more valuable or Demand.
But try to understand! if you do not choose the right niche among thousands or the niche you are really interested in you will likely face the following problems which have also cause me to flew away from blogging once in 2017
- you will lose motivation after 3-4 months of putting content on that blog (which happens in case of more than 47% of new bloggers).
- Hiring high-quality writers for your blog which will make you spend more money.
- you will lose your productivity or creativity because you aren’t really interested in your chosen niche.
- yeah, you can make money through a blog but in case if you are not experienced in your blog niche you can’t provide your readers something very useful and that’s why visitors will be less attracted to you.
the above points are just my personal experience which I have faced some years ago but there are more problems if you don’t choose your interested niche.
you may be good at cycling, media, art, science, lifestyle, or other sports. think deeply about what you are really comfortable in and get started with that niche.
Step 2: Choose a good domain name for your blog
selecting a great domain name isn’t tough as much as you may think. if you follow my words you will be able to choose a domain name very quickly. if you have already decided your dreaming domain name then you can skip this part.
the below section is dedicated for you if you haven’t chosen a domain name yet:
Things you should consider while choosing a domain name
when I first started my blogging career, I didn’t know how to choose a premium or brandable domain and that’s why I didi lost 10+ domains because they were not brandable or don’t look professional.
I guess you didn’t make any mistakes like me or not willing to make any mistakes in future.
If yes! here are dour tips for you which will help you to select right your dreaming domain name.
- Keep it Short And Simple – The more your domain name will be short and easy to spell the more you will get the market. I mean visitors can remember your domain more and this may also help you in the future with marketing.
- Use Keyword – Include keywords related to your niche in your domain name. It will help you to rank faster in your niche market and people will come to know what your blog is about.
- Don’t use numbers – Don’t use numbers in your domain name because it isn’t easy to remember numbers but it may not affect SEO after all.
- Always use TLD Extensions – I always personally recommend everyone to use extensions like .com because it’s for globally.
I think you have already started to think about your new domain and when you are finally done with choosing your domain name you have to check the availability on NameCheap.
Let me share a step by step guide to purchase good domain name from namecheap.
STEP 1: Click here to Visit NameCheap site.
Step 2: just put your domain on the search box and Namecheap will show you the results like if I search Earn Money Online on Namecheap, you will see the domain is not available because that is already purchased by someone and using it.
If you find your domain available, congratulations!
you just have to purchase the domain through the “add to cart” button. but remember to sign up for a NameCheap account before you purchase your domain.
This is how you can grab the best domain name for your blog.
Step 3: Find a good web hosting provider
After you have chosen a domain name, you have to look for the best web hosting provider.
A domain name is your company name and web hosting is a storage device where all of your contents will be stored. Images, Articles, Audios, Videos, and everything showed on your website will be located in your web hosting.
but there are thousands of hosting providers out there on the internet! which one should you choose among them?
That’s gonna really a hard task for you! but please believe me!
I have researched a lot about the best hosting providers and judged every possible convenient factor and got the below companies:
But they were also consisting of some faulty features! but wait!
But why Bluehost is best?
Bluehost is literally the best-in-best for the following things:
- Affordable price
- Free Domain Name
- Unlimited Email Addresses and Storage
- Automatic Daily Backups
- One-click WordPress Install
- Unlimited Websites
- Ease of Use
- Recommended by WordPress
- Server Uptime
- Great Customer Support
- 30-day mo0neyback guarantee
Bluehost got the following features for you:
- Unlimited disk storage
- Unlimited domain hosting
- 50 GB of SSD Storage (unlimited in Plus plan)
- A new free drag and drop site builder
- A free domain name for the first year
- Support for international domain names
- POP3/POP3 secure email support
- IMAP/Secure IMAP email support
- 3 different webmail solutions
- Forwarding email accounts and unlimited email addresses
- Add-on domains
- Parked domains
- cPanel account control panel
- FTP access
- Web file manager
- Secure shell (SSH) access
- Hotlink protection
- Override .htaccess support
- MySQL database
- LOD files
- Side statistics
- Customizable error pages
- Custom Cron Jobs
- Spam assassin protection
- $200 marketing credit
I should mention that I have used Several hosting providers ( I don’t wanna mention name) but almost everyone was failed to give service like Bluehost.
BlueHost hosting step by step guide for purchase
Step 1: First, go to Bluehost and click “Get Started”.
➜ ➜ ➜ Clicking the link or banner will redirect you to Bluehost deal page with discount.
Step 2: Then you will be redirected to the plan selecting page where you have to purchase a hosting package according to your budget.
You can purchase any plan but we recommend selecting the “choice Plus” package as this can give you all the things that you want.
Just click the”Select” button on the package you want to buy.
the next page will show you to put a domain. If you have previously bought a domain from Namecheap you have to enter that domain on the box of “Use A Domain you own” section.
And in case if you haven’t bought your domain yet you can use the “create your new domain” box in order to buy a new domain. Just enter the domain you have in your mind, choose the extension, and hit “Next”.
then you will be redirected to the page where you have to put your necessary information in order to create a new Bluehost account. you also have to enter your card details to make your hosting package purchase successful.
You are now done creating your website! Congratulations!
But wait! this is not the end.
How do you want your blog website to look?
you have to install a theme on your blog. Also, To put contents on your blog you have to choose a blogging platform, namely:- WordPress, Blogger, or Tumblr.
Step 3: Choose an Attention-Grabbing Theme For Your Blog
After you have created your website successfully now it’s time to install an eye-catchy theme on your website.
My both personal and business choice is the GeneratePress Premium theme. even I use generate press themes on this website.
GeneratePress theme typically costs very low and its dazzling fast theme. it is built with light-weight materials that will help your website to run like a horse. Your website may not take more than 1-3 seconds if you don’t have any technical problems.
How To Purchase GeneratePress Premium
Step 1: Click on this special link to Purchase GeneratePress Premium.
Step 2: Click on Premium >> Get it Now >> Add to Cart options. You will see the theme is added into your cart.
Step 3: Make payment with your credit card or paypal.
COngratulations!! You purchases the best theme of the planet.
Step 4: Log in to your GeneratePress account and click on Account >> Downloads, and you will get your premium plugin there with the license key.
The GeneratePress theme costs only $49.95 for the lifetime license key. Get your GeneratePress theme now and we will move on the next step about “how to set up your blogging platform”.
Step 4: Set up your WordPress Blog
To be able to put contents on your blog you will have to install an operating system that you will use to write and save contents along with operating your website.
There are lots of operating systems on the internet like Blogger, WordPress, and Tumbler. But WordPress is the most used and renowned system until now. I personally find it more comfortable in WordPress than other operating systems.
So, If you are also willing to install WordPress on your Website, Follow the below easy steps:
First of all, you have to log in into your Website Cpanel Account and search for “Apps Installer” and click the “Softaculos Apps Installer”.
Then click “WordPress” in the below of the next page.
Then you will be redirected to the WordPress Settings page where you have to hit the “Install Now” Button.
On the next page, you have to put your necessary information correctly.
The latest version will already be selected and you have nothing to do on the “Software Setup” section.
On the “Site Settings” section enter your site name and description in brief.
On the “Admin Account” section enter your username, a strong password, and your business email.
Then choose your language, tick the Classic editor plugin on the “Select Plugin” section.
And in the end, you will have to choose a default theme and click “Install”.
It will not take more than a minute and you are done settling your WordPress Blog.
Also Read: How To Start A Blog For Free And Make Money
From now on, you can log in to your blog’s CMS (Content Management System) by adding /wp-admin at the end of your domain URL.
For example, www.example.com/wp-admin is your CMS login URL, where www.exapmple.com is your domain URL.
Then you will be shown the login panel where you have to enter your username and password which you entered at the time of setting up WordPress.
Some essential Plugin For Your Blog
The straight question may arise in your mind, what the hell is a plugin now?
A plugin is a piece of software that works like an addon to your browser and gives you additional functionality.
For example, If you want to show a contacting form on your website/contact-us page you will need a plugin called Contact Form 7.
We need different plugins to work on our blog seamlessly. Now we are going to have some discussion on such kind of Plugins that you should have.
Must-have Plugins For WordPress
- Yoast SEO — Yoast SEO is the plugin by which you can check your content’s SEO score along with recommendations and improvements you have to do to get a great SEO score. You can optimize your posts, meta description, keywords, and a lot more things using Yoast. If you have done any mistakes on your content Yoast SEO will instantly show you errors. It’s a great plugin For SEO and I really like it.
- UpdraftPlus — An estimated 30,000 websites get hacked every day. To make sure you don’t lose anything if your website’s get unknowingly hacked you have to Install UpdraftPlus. It creates automatic or manual backups of your website, stores your backups locally or on the cloud and you can also restore your website to a previous state if anything goes very wrong with you.
- Optimole – Optimole is basically for optimizing the images. Heavy images can make the most of your content’s size and make your website slow but Optimole does its job by reducing the image’s size without ruining the quality. It will automatically compress images and optimize JPG and PNG files. I use it for all of my blogs and I like it because it makes me faster.
- Revive Old Post — It works for Social Media auto post and scheduling actions. You can automatically share your new and old posts through the “Revive Old Post” Plugin either by setting a schedule for social media publications or instant publication.
- Wp Rocket — It makes your WordPress Rocket faster. It is a caching plugin that allows you to make your website loading time faster. It does this by creating cached copies of each dynamically-generated page on your site. Enables the lazy loading feature for faster loading. Integrates your caching with a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- WPForms – This plugin is a drag-and-drop form builder for making forms easily. We often need to create different forms like Contact Us, Sign up, or getting any user’s information, WpForms can help us in these situations.
How to Install Plugin on WordPress
To install plugins you have to first log in to your WordPress Management panel by adding /wp-admin next to your domain URL.
After logging in, hover on “Plugins” located at the left side toolbar.
And hit “Add New”
Then on the next page type in the plugin, you want to install and you will automatically get the plugin visible.
Then hit “Install Now” and it will take some moments to get successfully installed for you
Step 5: Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
Finally! It’s time now you are gonna publish your first content, but how to?
Just hover on the “Posts” from the toolbar and hit “Add New”.
It will redirect you to the page where you can write your articles with. This page is full of features to write with ease.
Just try from now to publish posts and soon, likely within a week you will get to know how to use all of the WordPress Features.
You can Install another plugin called “Classic Editor” which will help you to get the writing page more easily.
Lastly, as soon as you hit the “publish” button your content will be live, and people can see your content.
Step 6: Some Ways to Make Money From Your Blog
There is a conventional quote “If you have a specific group of audience, you can turn them into your buyers”.
That means if you have visitors you can make them buy your product through your blog and you can generate money!
Actually, there are several ways to generate money from your blog. Among them, there are some great ways to make money! I’m about to show those ways below.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Google Adsense
- Link Selling
- Selling your Products
- Selling Your Blog
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is the way by which you sell others products for a certain commission!
It’s not hard at all. Nowadays, eCommerce Websites like Amazon, eBay, Bagdoom, Daraz, Ali Express, and a lot more platforms provide affiliate income for Bloggers, Online Influencer, and digital marketers.
You have to just open an Amazon affiliate account or other eCommerce affiliates in order to sell their product and earn a commission.
2. Google Adsense
Google Adsense is a service provided by Google which allows you to earn money through showing ads on your website.
You just need to have Google Adsense approval to show ads on your Website.
You can apply for Google Adsense once you have around 8-10 posts on your blog. You have 3 chances to get the approval which means you can’t ask for approval for the fourth time.
Having a premium theme like GeneratePress, High-quality Articles, Social Shares, and Domain Authority can help you to get a google Adsense Approval fast!
3. Link Selling
Link Selling is the way by which you can make money through including external links from other websites.
But to start earning from this method, you have to first grow your blog. When you become a great blogger with getting a good number of traffics, you may get proposals from other bloggers to give them links and they will pay you.
4. Selling Your Products
If you have any physical business, you can market your product or service on the internet through your blog.
You have to set up a payment gateway on your blog for this so that users can pay you through their credit card.
5. Selling Your Blog
Selling your Blog is the most greater way by which you can earn a big amount of money at a glance!
Yeah, when your blog reaches a good position with having a large number of traffics, you can then sell your blog at a very attractive price.
If your site makes $500 a month, you can easily sell it for $6000.
To earn $500 per month you just need 1-2 year of hard-working on your blog.
I have even seen people selling their 3 years old blog for over $10,000!
Conclusion of Making A Blog From Scratch
In today’s time, everybody may go to create a blog in the expectation of earning a good amount of money.
But the sad fact is, earning money is not as easy as creating a blog. You need enough dedication and struggle to reach your goal.
When I was new in blogging, I also failed many times but I didn’t give up at any cost. And after some years, now I am successful enough! Now I love blogging.
So, no matter whatever you do you have to work your profession as a passion.
Today we had enough. See you again some other day and don’t forget to comment down below that “what do you think about Blogging? Can it really give you what you want?”